Whether the bedroom space is big or small does not matter, cluttering is a major problem that is faced by all. At times it becomes impossible to fit and keep everything in the already installed wardrobe, and in whatever way the belongings are arranged space seems to be less. Therefore, this is when a built-in wardrobe is helpful for some extra space to keep the clothes and other things in a very organized manner without any cluttering and fuss.
Fixed height wardrobes are now passé, as people now want to utilize every nook and corner of their rooms intelligently. Fixed height wardrobes cannot be customized, but the built-in wardrobes can be, and this is the reason why people love them. You can simply get a built-in wardrobe installed in any way you want, with as many shelves and spaces according to the need and requirement. You can choose a design, and features according to the rooms décor and available space and also according to what is to be stored in the wardrobe.
How to Install a Built-in Wardrobe?
Though the process of building and installing a built-in wardrobe may take a few days, with patience, the final result can turn out to be great. The following steps will help one install and design a customized built-in wardrobe for the bedroom space that needs to be utilized:
- Design: design a useful and proper wardrobe that will fit into the space that is deliberated. Also, keep in mind the requirements and what all things need to go in there. Make sure that the shelves are spacious and that the boxes are not narrow. A proper design and layout will make further steps easier.
- Boxes: a wardrobe is nothing but a structural integration of several boxes together, which gets stacked and set with a face frame. Therefore the main task is to build the boxes of varied dimensions according to the layout.
- Install the boxes: the next step is to install the boxes one above the other or in the way the layout is designed. This particular step can be a bit difficult, thus a lot of patience and the proper setup procedure is required.
- Face framing: to give the proper look to the wardrobe and to hide the rough edges it is necessary to build a face frame. A face frame will be made of the same material as the boxes and thus proper sizing and dimensions are needed to be used.
- Doors: The second last step of the building is to make a door, however, one can also opt for open wardrobes if not planning to keep expensive clothes and shoes. Make smaller panels and then join them to make the door. Using the same size panel can lead to warping and with time the door will not close properly.
- Paint it: lastly, after the entire building process is done, paint the wardrobe with whoever color is suitable to the entire room décor.